he Women’s Medical Center of Rhode Island has a highly skilled and trained professional team that specializes in first and second trimester abortion, fetal health abnormality, gynecological health services and skin rejuvenation using BOTOX Cosmetic. Our facility’s team strides for patient comfort and safety. With an unparalleled safety record for more than 30 years, a patient can feel secure in the knowledge that a skilled and experienced team of physicians, and medical professionals will be available to you on the day of their procedure.
John DiOrio Jr, MD and Medical Director of WMCRI
- Patients’ Choice 5th Anniversary Award 2012
- Patients’ Choice Award 2008 – 2012
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition 2010 – 2012
- Top 10 Doctor – State 2014: Rhode Island Obstetrician & Gynecologist
- Top 10 Doctor – Metro Area 2014: Providence Metro Area Obstetrician & Gynecologist
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Residents in Teaching Award
- Women & Infants Hospital 1982, 1984, 1985, 1988, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001
- Resident Advocate Award, Brown Medical School June, 2000
- Dean of Medicine Teaching Excellence Award, Brown Medical School June, 2001
- Distinguished Teacher Award, Brown Medical School May 2001, May 2004
- Faculty Milestone Recognition, Brown Medical School June 2011
- Community-Based Faculty Award, Brown Medical School June 2014
he Women’s Medical Center of Rhode Island facility is equipped with the best in modern medical equipment. As a state-licensed ambulatory surgical center, we are a part of a specialized group of medical care providers that are governed by a stringent set of federal and state health care regulations. The WMCRI is part of an elite group of medical providers that is highly regulated and committed to setting the standard for the highest level of personalized care. Our staff consists of board certified surgeons from Women’s & Infants Hospital that are OB/GYN with a sub-specialty in abortion care. The WMCRI is an accredited member of the National Abortion Federation and the Women’s Health & Education Fund.
Our facility homes and trains residents from Brown University Medical School and Memorial Hospital Family Residency Program in the comprehensive reproductive health care procedures. Residents participate in both pre and post-operative patient care. All residents are supervised by Dr. Michelle Forcier, clinical supervisor of family medicine residency and Melissa Nothnagle, MD, MSc family medicine residency director. Our learning based environment, shows our commitment to continuing education and ensuring the highest quality abortion care in the future generations of providers
our privacy and comfort is our top priority. We fully comply with all Federal Privacy Laws and HIPAA, and train our staff in our confidentiality policies and procedures. Our Center is located in a comfortable and private setting; we are a free-standing building with complimentary parking. We are minutes from downtown Providence and are easily accessible to major area highways. Our grounds are protected with a full security/alarm system and have an alliance with the Cranston Police department.