he Women’s Medical Center of Rhode Island has a highly skilled and trained professional team that specializes in first trimester medical abortion and gynecological health services. Our facility’s team strides for patient comfort and safety. With an unparalleled safety record for more than 30 years, a patient can feel secure in the knowledge that a skilled and experienced team of physicians, and medical professionals will be available to you on the day of their visit.
John DiOrio Jr, MD and Medical Director of WMCRI
- Patients’ Choice 5th Anniversary Award 2012
- Patients’ Choice Award 2008 – 2012
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition 2010 – 2012
- Top 10 Doctor – State 2014: Rhode Island Obstetrician & Gynecologist
- Top 10 Doctor – Metro Area 2014: Providence Metro Area Obstetrician & Gynecologist
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Residents in Teaching Award
- Women & Infants Hospital 1982, 1984, 1985, 1988, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001
- Resident Advocate Award, Brown Medical School June, 2000
- Dean of Medicine Teaching Excellence Award, Brown Medical School June, 2001
- Distinguished Teacher Award, Brown Medical School May 2001, May 2004
- Faculty Milestone Recognition, Brown Medical School June 2011
- Community-Based Faculty Award, Brown Medical School June 2014
our privacy and comfort is our top priority. We fully comply with all Federal Privacy Laws and HIPAA, and train our staff in our confidentiality policies and procedures. Our office is located in a comfortable and private setting. We are easily accessible to major area highways.